Conference Dates: March 14-17, 2018
FIU Biscayne Bay Campus, North Miami, Florida, USA
We are excited to invite you to join the Global Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, Event and Leisure Management (HOTEL), which will be held during March 14-17, 2018 at the Florida International University Biscayne Bay Campus, North Miami, Florida, USA. Miami is a living laboratory for hospitality, tourism, cruise, events, recreation and leisure industries.
HOTEL Conferences are organized by Association of North America Higher Education International (ANAHEI), a non-profit organization and sponsored by Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the Florida International University and College of Hospitality and Tourism Leadership at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida, USA. This conference is organized by the students in Dr. Eric Beckman’s Event Management class in the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the Florida International University.
HOTEL 2017 aims to bring together researchers, scientists, scholar and graduate students to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of hospitality, tourism, event and leisure management and discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted. English is the official language of the conference. For the first time, HOTEL will have a Chinese track. We welcome paper submissions.
Selected papers from HOTEL conference will be invited to be submitted to special issues or regular issues of leading journals including Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (ESCI Indexed Journal), International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (SSCI Indexed Journal), International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Journal.
HOTEL Conference invites papers for stand-up and poster presentations relevant to the areas including (but not limited to) the following tracks. Papers can be submitted in English and Chinese.
Abstract submissions deadline: October 1, 2017
Decisions Deadline: 1 November 2017
Conference Dates: March 14-17, 2018 @ FIU Biscayne Bay Campus, North Miami, Florida, USA
Papers from Hospitality, Tourism, Event and Leisure Management may be submitted under one of these tracks:
- Consumer Behavior
- Education & Training
- Environmental Issues, Sustainability & Green Tourism
- Event/Conference/Convention Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Finance/Real Estate
- Hotel & Lodging Management
- Human Resource Management
- Innovation, creativity and change management
- Law, Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Leisure Management
- Marketing, branding and reputation management
- Research Methods
- Service Management
- Sports Management
- Strategy & Global Trends
- Technology/E-Business/Smart Tourism/ Social Media
- Tourism/ Tourism Policy
- Wellness Tourism/Medical Tourism
- Other relevant topics related to hospitality, tourism, event and leisure management
*All documents should be written in only word document (.doc or .docx) formats.
- Extended Abstract should be between 1,000 and 3000 words (excluding reference list).
- Round-table discussions should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Symposium presentations should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Panel presentations should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Poster presentations should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION INCLUDING “NAME, UNIVERSITY, AFFILIATION, AND CONTACT ADRESS” IN THE “SUBMISSION” DOCUMENT AS THIS CONFERENCE USES DOUBLE BLIND PEER REVIEW PROCESS.
Early-Bird Registration (ends on Nov 15, 2017): $275 | Students: $175
Please direct any communication to info
Conference Chairs & Organizing Committee:
Dr. Cihan Cobanoglu, McKibbon Endowed Chair Professor, USF Sarasota-Manatee & President of ANAHEI, Florida,USA
Dr. Patrick J. Moreo, Dean & Professor, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida, USA
Dr. Kelly Way, Assistant Director & Associate Professor, University of Arkansas, Arkansas, USA
Dr. Eric Beckman, Assistant Professor, Florida International University, Florida, USA
Dr. Eric Beckman’s Event Management Class Students at the FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
HOTEL Conference has a distinguished Scientific Committee and Paper Review Committee