Dates: October 5-6, 2017
Place: SDU MCI Innovation Lab at University of Southern Denmark, Sønderborg, Denmark.
application submission deadline (June 18th)
The doctoral consortium will have an intensive writing workshop supplemented by lectures and a panel to discuss the challenges PhD projects have in common. It is organized to cover the topics of Entrepreneurship and Innovation management for Sustainability.
Both, conference and consortium, address issues related to entrepreneurship and innovation for sustainability, favouring the exchange between theory and practice that helps to identify implications for business and management researchers and practitioners.
As an orientation, the list of topics of interest is:
- New venture creation, entrepreneurhsip processes and the entrepreneurial opportunity. In general, including hybrid organizations with blended values, and studies that consider gender perspectives.
- Emergence dynamics in entrepreneurship and innovation, venture and industry perspectives. Exploring for example the implications for sustainability.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in specific contexts, for instance Smart Cities for sustainability.
- Exploring digital technology entrepreneurship, unlocking the interface between recombinant innovation, science and engineering and digital entrepreneurship.
- In general, models for sustainable innovation & entreprenuership, what is different?
The invited senior scholars share different research perspectives on the suggested topics:
- Prof. Gry Agnete Alsos (Nord Business School, Bodø, Norway).
- Prof. Alexander Brem (FAU University, Nürnberg, Germany).
- Prof. Kim Klyver (University of Southern Denmark).
- Prof. Steffen Korsgaard (University of Southern Denmark).
- Prof. Jay Mitra (University of Essex, UK).
- Prof. Ursula Weisenfeld (Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany).
The ambition is that the doctoral students and young scholars participating in the consortium can benefit from being exposed to the confluence of perspectives and research streams that are defining this research field. Further, the doctoral consortium aims to improve the quality of the papers and to advance writing skills.
VENUE: The consortium will be held at the SDU Mads Clausen Institute (MCI) Innovation Lab at University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Sønderborg Campus. The SDU MCI Innovation Lab, run by SDU Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation, is a new space aimed to facilitate and accelerate the creativity and innovation processes.
SPONSOR: The consortium is organized with the support of the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS).
The consortium is part of the research events related to the 2nd 100% Climate Neutrality Conference co-organized by SDU and Flensburg University, attracting researchers and industry managers from Southern Denmark and Northern Germany.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE GUIDELINES:
– A working paper (can be part of the dissertation/thesis), and a CV of the applicant shall be sent to sdu-eis2017 (word format), no later than June 18th, 2017.
– The working paper (no more than 40 pages, double-spaced, including tables, figures and references) should include the title of the paper, the name of the PhD student and the thesis supervisor, their affiliation(s), and the full address of the PhD candidate applicant.
– In the e-mail subject, please specify "Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability".
PARTICIPANT SELECTION CRITERIA: The organizing committee will give preference to submissions that convince in terms of a clearly defined research design as well as preliminary findings from field research and/or any type of engaged scholarship. The selection criteria include: the fit with the consortium topic focus and the scientific excellence or potential of the research.
Accepted participants will be informed by July 1st, 2017. No further comments will be provided.
Review/Peer review of accepted working papers: PhD students/young scholars will discuss their research paper with peers and senior scholars in small groups. The aim is to improve the quality of their papers and their writing skills. All members of a group will be asked to read the respective papers beforehand.
Doctoral Consortium FEES:
There is a 150 € consortium participation fee (this includes registration fee, lunches, coffee breaks and conference materials). Contact the organizers (sdu-eis2017) for financial support options.
Note: For attending the main conference on 100% Climate Neutrality you will need to register separately (see:www.climateneutral.eu). Attendance of the 100% Climate Neutrality Conference is optional for the doctoral consortium participants.
Deadline for submission of working papers: June 18th
Confirmation of accepted working papers: July 1st
End of registration: August 15th
PhD Consortium sessions: October 5-6th, 2017
FURTHER INFORMATION: For specific inquires please contact: sdu-eis2017 – see call details
The Organizing Committee
Prof. Silke Tegtmeier, Ferran Giones, Frederik Gottlieb
SDU Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation
|Time||Thursday Oct. 5th||Time||Friday Oct. 6th|
Research Problems & Methods
|9:30||Welcome and introductions
Key Note – Kick-off Panel
|10:15||Paper Discussion session 1||10:45||Next steps – Reflection sessions|
|13:00||Paper Discussion session 2||13:00||Q&A on publishing papers and managing your dissertation|
|14:30||Coffee Break||14:30||Coffee Break|
|15:00||Workshop – Writing academic papers||15:00||Fredags øl – Journals with beer (optional), panel on publishing your first papers.|
|16:30||Social activity – walk & visit||End of day 2|
|18:30||Dinner (Optional, TBC)|
|End of day 1|
INFO ON HOW TO REACH THE VENUE:
Sønderborg airport http://www.sonderborg-lufthavn.dk/, direct flights from Copenhagen (alternative nearby airports: Billund (DK), Hamburg (GE)). Train station in front of the SDU Sønderborg building.
Recommended hotel (10 min walking to SDU): Comwell Hotel, Sønderborg https://www.comwellsonderborg.dk/