Call for Submissions
International Theme Committee (ITC) & Emerald
2018 Best International Dissertation Award
The International Theme Committee (ITC) is now accepting submissions for the Best International Dissertation Award, sponsored by the International Theme Committee of the Academy of Management and Emerald Group Publishing. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2018, at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
The ITC-Emerald Best International Dissertation Award is open to all applicants with a PhD or DBA who successfully defended their theses/dissertations between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Dissertations/theses submitted to other competitions are eligible. All applicants must be members of the Academy of Management.
The dissertation must contribute to basic or applied knowledge on topics within the charge of the International Theme Committee.
|ITC Charge:||· Help Academy members improve their understanding of the internationalization of business trade and other forms of organizational transactions.
· Encourage Academy members to become exposed to or provide exposure for organizational scholarship being conducted outside of the U.S.
· Internationalize the Academy as an organization.
· The theme and content of the dissertation/thesis should reflect an awareness of business and management outside domestic boundaries.
· The dissertation/thesis should be rich in the appropriate literature, offer new insights, and employ/suggest creative methodologies or models. We value both mainstream and non-mainstream topics and methods.
· The contribution of the dissertation/thesis should improve the understanding and internationalization of business trade and other forms of organizational transactions.
Submit electronically a 15-page, double-spaced summary of the dissertation/thesis. The document should have margins of one inch (2.5 cm) on every side and no smaller than 12-point font. This summary should include the dissertation/thesis title, a description of the dissertation/thesis objectives, theoretical foundations, relation to prior research, methodology, findings, limitations, and contributions to the field of international business. Listings of references are not included within the 15-page limit, but all other text, figures, tables, or illustrations are included. Submit the summary in PDF format with no author identification. All submitted documents must be in English.
In a separate title page include your current affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of the institution where the Ph.D. or D.B.A. was obtained, the name of your dissertation/thesis advisor, and six keywords describing the topic of your dissertation/thesis. A document duly authenticated by appropriate authority (e.g., Head of the School/Research/Department confirming the date of final defense/viva) for the award of the degree should also be submitted.
Please also submit a one-page CV.
Submit all the documents via e-mail to the ITC-Emerald Best International Dissertation Award Chairs:
Marketa Rickley, University of Iowa (marketa-rickley) and
Linda Rademaker, BI Norwegian Business School (linda.rademaker)
Submission deadline for applications is January 31, 2018, at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
Marketa Rickley, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor
108 John Pappajohn Bus. Bldg., W388
Iowa City, IA 52242-1994