Innovation Growth Lab
IGL2018 Global Conference
When: Tuesday 12 June 2018 – Thursday 14 June 2018
Where: Harvard Business School (12 & 14 June) & MIT (13 June) – Boston, MA
We’re inviting senior policymakers, practitioners and researchers to explore future innovation and entrepreneurship policies through inspiring keynotes and panels, interactive sessions, and a range of capacity-building workshops.
OVER 40 CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDING:
– Tera Allas, Senior Fellow, McKinsey Center for Government, former Director General, UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
– Kelly Bidwell, Director, US Office of Evaluation Science
– Dyan Finkhousen, Director, Open Innovation and Advanced Manufacturing, GE Global Operations
– Cesar Hidalgo, Associate Professor, MIT
– Karim Lakhani, Professor, Harvard Business School and Director, Laboratory for Innovation Science at Harvard
– William Maloney, Chief Economist, Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions, World Bank Group
– Mike Morris, CEO, Topcoder
– John Van Reenen, Professor, MIT Sloan School of Management
– John Williams, Director of Innovation and Technology, US Small Business Administration
AND MORE THAN 13 PRACTICAL SESSIONS & WORKSHOPS SUCH AS:
– Designing and achieving grand challenges (led by NASA)
– Developing an innovation procurement program (led by SBA)
– Big data for innovation policy (led by Nesta)
– Scaling up open innovation programs (led by NASA)
– Designing experimental programs (led by Nesta)
– Facilitating tech transfer (led by John Hopkins University & HBS)
– Setting up innovation districts (led by the Brookings Institution & Nesta)
– Policy instruments to support tech adoption (led by the World Bank Group)
Simulating policy through gamification (led by Nesta)
Participants are invited to attend one or more IGL2018 days:
– IGL Research Meeting – Tuesday 12 June: A forum for researchers to discuss design-stage, ongoing and completed academic research that uses experimental methods in innovation, entrepreneurship and growth.
– IGL Global Conference – Wednesday 13 June: A day of inspiring keynotes, thought-provoking debates and parallel sessions for more focused and interactive discussions.
– IGL Policy & Practice Learning Lab – Thursday 14 June: Hands-on capacity-building workshops and smaller practical sessions to discuss some of the latest developments in this policy area and the different approaches to put them into practice.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Please feel free to send this invite to colleagues and peers who may be interested and do get in touch with innovationgrowthlab if you have any questions about the event.