Call for Abstracts
Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium 2019
University of Nevada, Reno – Reno, NV USA
12 March 2019
2019 Symposium Theme: Growth in the Age of Unicorns and Zebras
The symposium aims to promote discussion and collaboration between academia, entrepreneurs, start-up investors, and the community at large. Catch the Unicorn and grow to a $1 billion valuation as fast as possible at almost any cost? Or ride the values-driven Zebra to profitable sustainable growth that benefits all? Join us as we discuss and debate these vastly different growth approaches in the context of women’s entrepreneurship. Tickets can be purchased here.
Preliminary Agenda for 12 March 2019
- 8:00-8:45: Registration and Interactive Poster Exhibition
- 8:45-9:00: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 9:00-9:30: Keynote
- 9:45-10:30: Panel Discussions – Entrepreneurs
- 10:45-11:30: Panel Discussions – Investors
- 11:45-12:30: Break Sessions – Academics
- 12:30-1:30: Lunch & Interactive Poster Exhibition
- 1:30-2:15: Interactive Breakout Sessions
- 2:30-3:15: Panel Discussions – Support Organizations
- 3:30-4:15: Breakout Sessions
- 4:30-5:00: Closing and Recap
- 5:00-6:30: Networking Reception
Call for Abstracts
We encourage contributions that explore:
- Innovative and standard models and approaches to creating and growing female-led ventures of any structure (social enterprise, hybrid models, standard, etc) in any global location.
- Ecosystem response to new and standard entrepreneurial growth models, including programming, investment approaches, support systems, etc.
- Other topics authors deem related to this year’s theme in any capacity.
- All approaches and/or methodology are welcome.
Proposals for presentations/posters can be submitted as a short abstract (title, principal topic, methods, results and practical implications). An abstract should be single-spaced and not exceed 800 words. Abstracts qualify for short presentations (10 minutes) in one of the breakout sessions or for poster presentations as part of the interactive exhibition. Submissions will be reviewed by an internal committee. Please submit your abstract as a PDF and include details on each author. Submissions will be accepted until 5 February 2019 via e-mail to ozmencenter, with a subject title of "Abstract Submission for Women’s Symposium."